Harry is now a Director of Network Research and Edge Network Infrastructure at Alibaba Cloud. He was a Senior Researcher in Microsoft Research Redmond Lab from 2014 to 2017. He obtained his Ph.D. degree at the Department of Computer Science, Yale University in December 2014. His advisor is Prof. David Gelernter. Previously he received the B.S and M.S. degrees from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China in 2007 and 2010, respectively. His advisor is Prof. Xing Li.
- May 8th, 2022: SOLAR (Alibaba Cloud's EBS network) has been accepted by SIGCOMM'22
- May 8th, 2022: uFabric (predictable virtual fabric) has been accepted by SIGCOMM'22
- May 8th, 2022: Meissa (100% coverage P4 tester) has been accepted by SIGCOMM'22
- May 8th, 2022: GSO (SDN-like controller in DingTalk) has been accepted by SIGCOMM'22
- May 8th, 2022: Zhuge (RTC acceleration in WiFi) has been accepted by SIGCOMM'22
- May 8th, 2022: GRTN (Alibaba Cloud's RTC network) has been accepted by SIGCOMM'22
- Dec 15th, 2021: BuffScope has been accepted by NSDI'22
- Dec 15th, 2021: Cetus has been accepted by NSDI'22
Interested Areas: programmable networks, ultra-low-latency networking, network management, cloud computing, edge computing, network functions virtualization, software-defined networking, online-service & content delivery, , peer-to-peer networking.
PHD Dissertation (AWARDED)
Harry's doctoral dissertation "Traffic Planning under Network Dynamics" presents the design and implementation of practical, uniform, automatic, and proactive techniques to prevent the link congestion commonly caused by network faults and maintenance. In May 2015, this dissertation won "2014 ACM SIGCOMM Doctoral Dissertation Award - Honorable Mention" which is the only honorable mention of this award in this year.